Unit of Inquiry 2 – Sharing the Planet
Found at http://www.veetje.be/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Melkkannen.jpg via Pinterest.
After looking at people’s homework this week, we noticed that many ideas related to suggestions of ways to reduce waste on our planet:
- use less water (shorter showers, turn off the tap while you clean your teeth)
- throw away less trash (you can recycle some things, or reuse broken things to make something else)
- throw away less food (eat all your food or use it for feeding animals or plant compost to help gardens grow)
- use less power (eg: drink water at room temperature)
- make less pollution (if you walk or bike to school instead of driving your car)
As we analyzed these great ideas, we thought of things we could do to reuse old things that might otherwise be trash, or to recycle and make new things.
We now want to collect a bunch of old things like plastic soda bottles, bottle caps, plastic lids, plastic milk cartons, small boxes, nails, buttons – anything we can reuse for some recycled art projects.
Here are a couple of pictures and links to some websites with great ideas of art we could make:
Found by Ms Hannah at http://princessartypants.blogspot.com/2011/05/recycled-bottle-art.html
Do you think we could make some of these things? Let’s gather what we can over the October break, and the first week back, and see what we come up with! If you can think of something else to make, or some materials we haven’t thought of, please bring them too. Please bring supplies that you are OK to share with others.